We have worked with our clients and partners: Thames water, Bioregional, Mayor of London’s office, Ashden Less CO2 schools energy programme and University of Manchester to create educational programmes that suit all ages and abilities. We can cover all areas of environmental sustainability – water, energy, waste & recycling, air quality and active travel, food waste and climate change science.
Thames Water Educational Water saving School Project 2014-18
For the past four school years, Thames Water has commissioned eco action games, in conjunction with its delivery partner Green Gumption, to carry out a water education and efficiency school project in nearly 100 schools to date across London. Focusing predominately on primary schools, it also includes secondary schools too. To download a summary of what this project offers click here: Thames Water school project – what it offers your school 2017 18 2 pager.
In brief, the project offers schools, totally free of charge:
- A giant eco action games water saving themed compendium set, educational games suitable for all age groups, this is worth £500 at RRP for the individual game products
- A water audit by Thames Water engineers to identify any water dispensing equipment – such as urinals, toilets, taps, showers, etc. that are not working efficiently and, where possible, fix them on the day. This can result in the school saving £100s if not £1000s on their water bills every year
- Visit to the school by trained expert eco action games educators who will run a KS2 assembly highlighting the importance of water saving to students and staff alike
- A workshop for 12-15 KS2 pupils representing yrs 3-6, or Yrs 7 or 8 in secondaries, who get trained on how to use and facilitate the water saving games. They then become the Water Saving champions for the school and are tasked with helping all the other pupils learn about water saving through playing the games
- Free 4-minute shower timers, pocket sized water saving card games, stickers and a coupon to receive more water saving devices for every student in your school
If you are a teacher, or a parent with a child, in a school within the Thames Water catchment areas: Lambeth, Wandsworth, Southwark, Lewisham, merton and Camden, we would love to hear from you as we have a few places left for the school year 2017/18, palceson a first come, first served basis – so once all the place are filled for the year then we close our books until the next school year. Contact us here for more information
Mayor of London RE:FIT / Ashden School Energy Saving Challenge
In association with the Mayor of London’s Re:FIT for schools programme, and sponsored by the Ashden awards, we are running an energy saving educational project in 10 lucky schools this year (2018).
Schools will receive the energy saving in school themed giant eco action games compendium pack and will also have a school assembly to launch the project; as well as an energy audit of their school, lesson plans and a workshop using the games to highlight to children and teachers alike how simple behavioural changes can save energy in their school and reduce their energy and water bills.
Historical energy bill data will be gathered to provide a benchmark, then energy use data will be monitored through the project to evaluate the savings made by the pupils throughout the proejct lifetime.
Results will be published at the end of the year.