Launching at COP26 in Glasgow, 1st November 2021, our latest educational game is the perfect way to combine fun and learning about how to live a NET ZERO carbon lifestyle.
For 2-4 players, and from teenage to dotage – there’s something in it for everyone, the Climate Emergency Action card game is a novel way to learn about the myriad of positive ways people can change behaviours and take actions to become Net Zero Heroes in their everyday lives.
The cards explore seven aspects of modern living, and illustrate what types of behaviour and actions typify the range of temperature rise scenarios we might encounter by the end of this century.
Each category has 5 cards depicting that theme’s lifestyle choices. These range from the most climate damaging to very climate friendly. Each card has a score from 5 degrees (climate trashing) to 1 degree (climate loving):
- 5° lifestyle – if everyone lived like this it could mean we’d be likely on track for a ‘worst case’ scenario – i.e. up to 5 degrees of warming over this century
- 4° lifestyle – if everyone lived this lifestyle the planet would be looking at between 3- 4 degrees average warming
- 3° lifestyle – a ‘business as usual’ scenario where people don’t really change their habits, which could see the planet’s average temperature rise by up to 3 degrees
- 2° lifestyle –if people take decisive action and modify habits & behaviours now, then we’ve a chance of constraining the global average rise to 2 degrees
- 1° lifestyle –If we are to have hope of keeping the warming to about 1.5 degrees then these are examples of the choices we will need to make
The aim of the game is to build the most climate friendly lifestyle possible and be crowned Net Zero Hero. It’s a game of skill, cunning, but crucially, of timeliness. You have to decide whether it’s better to wait until you have a perfect low carbon living hand, or compromise and show your hand earlier, hoping that you still have the most climate friendly set of cards overall.
Purchase the game for of £9.99 (+ £2.50 shipping to UK only currently sorry). Your shopping cart will appear below when you order a pack.